As an endurance athlete, Laurie has completed over 50 marathons, numerous ultramarathons and two Ironman triathlons. After being plagued by overuse injuries, Laurie found the strength she developed at CrossFit was the perfect addition to her fitness routine. CrossFit has helped to heal her injuries and provides the ongoing core strength needed to keep them away.
With over a decade of experience as a fitness instructor, Laurie is particularly interested in working with new athletes and parents trying to coordinate their busy schedules to include fitness. A co-author to the book Hot (Sweaty) Mamas: Five Secrets to Life as a Fit Mom, she believes community and support are important tools to lifelong fitness. She’s found both at Tangletown CrossFit.
- CrossFit Level One Trainer
- ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- American Heart Association CPR/AED
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, University of St. Thomas
- M.A. Journalism, Marquette University
- B.A. Writing-Intensive English/Business Administration, Marquette University