07.22.19 Hero WOD 'Dunn'
KB Complex (please use a light KB)
Halos x 10 reps each direction
Goat Baggers x 10 rephttps://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=5XngyO-eIqASingle Arm KB Swing x 10 reps + Single Arm Press x 5 reps
KB Swings x 10 reps
banded lat pull down x 10 reps https://vimeo.com/336910800/173a317032
pull up negatives x 5 with a 3 second descend and a reset at the topbanded face pulls x 10 reps
Gymnastics conditioning: bullet proof shoulders https://www.instagram.com/p/ByEmgecgTjI/
5 - 10 - 15
•handstand hold (in sec)
*double rest/work (if it took you 30 sec to complete, rest 60sec before next set).
🔹HOW TO EXECUTE:
1. Begin in the correct handstand position - STACKED!
2. Grow tall by pressing thru floor to engage shoulders, hollow position & toes tucked under (i.e.: pointed)
1. Do not sag in your core to engage movement. Press thru shoulder girdle.
2. Do not move midline! You should be “locked in” to hollow.
1. Shift weight then press tall w. lead shoulder BEFORE you lift hand.
2. Therefore, you find balance on one hand before the other moves.
3. If someone can't do the hip tap, then move on to the hold. OR have members wall walk for practice instead of any taps and end with a hold on the wall.
4. SCALING: use a pike position or kneeling position from a box to perform the same movements
Complete as many rounds as possible in 19 minutes of:
3 muscle-ups- scale to 9 pull ups + 9 dips or 5 muscle up transitions on low rings or 9 ring rows + 9 toe spot ring dips
1 shuttle sprint, 5 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards
6 burpee box jump-overs, 20-in. box/16-in. box
On the burpees, jump over the box without touching it.- you can use a bench as well and jump laterally over the bench. If people are not ready to jump or box or bench, then use a parallette. The Hero WOD does state that RX is jumping over and clearing the 20/16" box.
shuttle sprints- each section of concrete out back is 15 feet. mark with cones one at 15 feet, 30 feet and then 45 feet. For a shuttle run you must run from the start line to the cone and back each time. You can touch the line as you run past and turn around.
**check out this IG about rings and shoulder pain https://www.instagram.com/p/By-zAluAsp0/
Watch people today on where they place the rings.
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Kielin Dunn, 19, of Chesapeake, Virginia, died on Feb. 18, 2010, while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Dunn was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
His friends remember him for his passion and enthusiasm, which extended to athletic activities such as CrossFit and break dancing.
He is survived by his parents, Terri Dunn Campbell and Gary Campbell; sister, Nicole Campbell; and brother, Jonathan Campbell.